I can’t believe August is almost over already! As this is the “end of Summer” weekend I thought it would be kind of fun to give you an update on my life. There’s been so much happening that sometimes I find it really difficult to keep up with everything. And quite honestly, usually it’s blogging that is the first to get tabled for later.
I had some pretty simple goals for myself with the latest Nerd Fitness Challenge. Here’s a reminder…just in case you forgot:
My Mission is simple:
LIVE AND ENJOY a HAPPY LIFE
How the hell do I do that?!?!?! How have I done with this over the past 5 weeks?
1. Eat clean -when I eat right, my body is happy. My tummy isn’t bloaty and if I lose a few inches: woohoo
- Since I wasn’t tracking per se’ this is kind of hard to measure. I was far from perfect, but on the meals or DAYS I didn’t eat clean, I didn’t beat myself up. I enjoyed what I ate, ate it mindfully and didn’t allow myself to spiral out of control. I didn’t let one day or one less than healthy meal derail my goals. WIN!
- When I noticed my jeans were a little more snug than I liked I decided to weigh in. I did get up to 191 on the scale (it’s only a tool, it doesn’t determine my worth) and got myself back on track quickly. I am back down to 183-186.
- My clothes don’t fit quite the way I’d like them to but they WILL when I get the next step (Goal 2. below) implemented in a way that becomes habit rather than a chore.
2. Follow Training plan. I keep running and getting stronger. Running releases endorphins that make me a pleasant pixie. DOMs make me happy!
- I’ve followed the RUNNING portion of my plan. I’ve run 88 miles in July and August & 334 miles so far for the year!
- I have done very little in the way of cross training. In fact, to be completely honest I think I did a total of 3 non-running workouts.
- I fully realize this is BAD. Spartan Beast is in 3 months. Some of the obstacles that I KNOW will be included are things that I am not capable of doing…YET!
- I have to decide and BELIEVE that my desire to be able to climb rope, swing from monkey bars and rings is GREATER than my hatred of BURPEES!!!
- I need to “reset the default” so that my training DAILY is non-negotiable. The only problem is that I’m not entirely sure how to do that. Any ideas?!?! I’m desperate for help on this one!
For this mission to be successful I will have 2 life quests
3. Prepare myself and home for temporary single parent life (this means decluttering, simplifying and organizing my home)
- This is a constant battle and usually the second idea to get set aside in favor of sleep. I’ve got a plan so I’m hoping to tackle a little more in the coming weeks.
- I will give myself credit for keeping up with the laundry.
- I need to get better at the “Do It Now” principle with the dishes and some other things so they don’t become overwhelming and avoidable.
4. Do the necessary things to prepare for homeownership – credit repair- etc.
- Today I did one of the things our mortgage/loan lady said to do- well sort of. We were told that I needed to open a credit card (EEK!! DO>NOT>WANT!) and charge on it and pay it down to $30 every month for 3 months. I applied for the card and was told that they required a Verification of Social Security Number from the SSA. So today I went and got it and faxed it to the credit card company.
Take care of things that have been put off: This wasn’t an official goal, but I realized that in order for me to BE HAPPY I needed to take care of some of the things that have been hanging like black clouds over my head. And wouldn’t you know- now that they’re done -or in the process of being done- I feel a million times better. Like that gloom has lifted! Here are a few of those things
- Made appointments for and took Lil P for her secondary hearing test
- She passed with flying colors. The audiologist said that she very likely was developing an ear infection during the last test. The fluid buildup can cause hearing loss.
- Make appointments for and took MYSELF to the oral surgeon. I have to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth surgically removed.
- Scheduled the surgery. I’m going in on Thursday.
- I bought myself a few new skirts, a couple cute tops and a couple pairs of shoes for work. I dislike shopping and I have a very difficult time spending money on myself. There’s a “am I worthy?” mental battle every time, but I’m working on it!
Lil Man got a note home on Tuesday regarding his behavior on the first day of school.
I mentioned in a previous post that Big S got her first job- I’m proud!
Do I need a reason for these?? NO WAY! Cute is reason enough!
There you have it folks. A little glimpse of Life Lately….
I hope you all have a wonderfully fit and safe Labor Day weekend!
Are you doing anything exciting?
I can’t wait to hear from you XOXOXOX